Time

I am a firm believer of the old cliche' that says "Charity starts in the home." Although most people correlate charity with money, charity in its most sincere form is TIME.  For this reason I truly enjoy every moment I get to spend with my family. Every TIME we get together for a holiday or gather for a family reunion I savor each and every moment. Money and material things can be regained, but TIME is the one thing that is lost once it is spent. How, Where, and with Whom a person spends their TIME defines their character. This is probably why TIME is said to be the tester of all things.  Words can say one thing, but actions over a period of TIME will reveal a person's true intentions. Some of us use our TIME as a gift to be a blessing to others, while some of us are selfish and use it wastefully.  I am 1000% (yeah I really meant 1000%) positive that at some point in TIME each and every one of us has longed to go back to those "glory days" even if only to relive just one of them. For some, those days are distant memories and for others it seems like yesterday.  At TIMES I have to remind myself to count each day as a blessing while at the same TIME understanding that each day brings me one closer to my last. TIME waits for no man, so it is imperative to chase every dream and seize every opportunity because that moment in TIME can never be revisited. Watching my son grow these past 11 months has really driven this point home to me.  "It seems like only yesterday" I could only watch him eat and sleep, but now I seem to have TIME to do neither. I constantly run behind him saying " NO Brayden, STOP Brayden, and SIT DOWN Brayden!!!!!!" (to no avail might I add) as he tries to run away. Even though I spend most of my days off from work with him, I still long for the seconds, minutes, hours, days that I do not get the opportunity to watch him grow. Because of this I cherish the TIME I do have with him and use it as an opportunity to help mold him into a respectful young man. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that TIME is being spent every second. How are you spending yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment